Recipients should not rely on the material or information in this website as the basis for making or not making any treatment, business, legal, personal, financial or other decisions. Recipients should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice. University of the West of England, Bristol make no representations and give no warranties as to the content of the material or the information contained in the web site for any purpose. Any reliance which Recipients place on the material or information in this website is strictly at their own risk. This website is designed for use by health professionals who are working with people affected by a burn injury.
Any personal information collected on this website will be processed by the University in accordance with the terms and conditions of applicable UK data protection legislation. We will hold your data securely and not make it available to any third party (other than Dataphiles, being a third party company which has been engaged by UWE, Bristol to act as a safe storage site of UWE, Bristol-collected data at its secure facility on Manchester Science Park) unless permitted or required to do so by law.
1. Purpose for collecting the information and to whom the information will be disclosed.
- Personal information (e.g. email addresses, name of institution, and country of user) will be stored and accessed only by the researchers who run the website. The data will be used in order to understand the type of settings (e.g. hospitals, or community settings) and countries that the PROMs are being used in.
- You may be contacted by email occasionally to ask for your feedback about the CARe Burn Scales. You may opt out of being contacted by us in this way should you wish to do so, at the end of these terms.
2. How long the information will be kept/when it will be destroyed.
All data will be stored for a maximum of 5 years. All stored data will be deleted by 1st October 2023.
3. Where the information will be stored and how secure it will be.
The Data will be stored on Dataphiles’ co-located servers in their racks at a secure facility on Manchester Science Park. Backups are taken nightly and stored on a NAS device in the rack and then replicated across secure VPN to our office in Leeds so that Dataphiles can get the system back up and running in the event of a disaster. Both locations are highly secure (the data centre has multiple levels of security in place and our office is above the HSBC bank so security is high) and our data protection policy ensures that only staff authorised to work with the data get access to it. No data is taken off site on laptops or memory sticks.
4. Use of the CARe Burn scales.
By consenting to this disclaimer you are free to use the CARe Burn Scales in your clinical, educational or research work.
You are free to use the CARe Burn Scales in their current format with all copyright notices and logos in evidence for non-commercial purposes, provided always that you attribute Dr Catrin Griffiths and Professor Diana Harcourt, Centre for Appearance Research, University of the West of England, Bristol.
You may not alter or adapt the Scales (which includes the questions and response categories) in any way and you are not permitted to translate the scales out of the English language.
Please do not redistribute - copies of the Scales and scoring sheets should be downloaded directly from www.careburnscales.org.uk
If you publish data as a result of your use of the CARe Burn Scales, please let us know so that we can add this research to our reference list on our website. The Scales themselves must not be published